Friday, March 16, 2007

Melbourne vs. Malaysia

It rained this morning... I was happily thinking of skipping lectures until I accidentally found the bloody umbrealla I thought I've lost. =.= Tsk... Although it rained, it is still warm. Weird... it was freezing for the last two weeks but it turned warm these two days. Another sign of global warming...

It seemed like forever since I’ve came to Australia… But it is only the third week… Bloody. I’m missing home so much. Especially with Jia Chee telling me every night how she miss her dogs and those delicious food back in Malaysia. XP Man, I would die to have Roti canai right now. And nasi lemak! Damn!! And sashimi from Oguchi~~~ Not that I can’t get good food around here… but… I don’t have my parents to pay for them here. =p So yeah… basically I can’t touch those exotic food sold here. Instant noodle is mah fren! Muakz… T____T

Well… after being in Melbourne for weeks, I had a taste of a very different living environment. Culture shock? Not much since they have looooads of Malaysians around here. A very interesting experience overall… but I had enough! I miss home. Bah!! Call me sissy if you want. I just wanna see my family and friends. And food, of course.

So far… the difference between Melbourne and Malaysia includes…

Weather (like duh?)
Stupid weather... Like a woman. Unpredictable. Hahaha. XD Guess the males would agree with me. Imagine, glaring hot sun... with strong cold wind. It's just weird!! You have to go through hot and cold at the same time. I thought we only get that in hell?? But that was during the end of the summer when I just got here. It is autumn now which is as bloody unpredictable. *shrug* Back in malaysia we only have 2 options : Warm and humid. However... there is something weeeeeeeeeird going on with the people here in Australia. They love the sun!! What the-?? We normal people(Malaysians) would hide from the sun whenever we see one. As for the people here? They're loving it. Sitting on the grass under the glaring blazing sun is their favourite past time during breaks. =.= My gawd!?

Taken during the end of summer somewhere in the campus











Food
Oh yeah Australian BEEF Teh Best!! XDXD My fav. And bacon burger?? You don't get that back in Malaysia. And cheap pizza. But most of the food are pricey... Can't enjoy the food when my mind would just 'ka-ching' converts the price back to Ringgit. $8++ for a bowl of tom yam noodle? Which is not spicy? It is almost RM24!? I can eat sashimi with that money back in Malaysia!! ......They do have oysters and prawns in it but let's just ignore it for the moment. =p Most of the chinese food here sucks. It sucks even more if the restaurant is full of white people. They're all conned. Naive people. *shakes head* I miss the food back in Malaysia... And Coke back in Malaysia is like RM1.60 or something. Here? $2.60. Crap?? But the grapes here are cheaper than back home... and veeeeeeeery sweet!! XD I haven't try the cakes here... yet. But I heard that they are soooo good you would forgive the calories.

People
People here are nice. Superb, in fact. And they're very helpful. I was lost once(ok, maybe not once) and almost in tears... I don't want to be late for lecture on the first week(Honestly!). Then this guy was walking past me like he didn't notice me but suddenly he popped the question(not THE question XD) 'Lost?'. I was so grateful I almost hugged him right there and then. Most of them smile and ask 'How zit going(it sounds like that)?' even when they don't know you. But of course there are still some racists among the Aussies. Very very few of them. But I don't blame them. =p It must feel bad to have the asians invading their country. =p I see asians EVERYWHERE!!

Size
Size of food~~~ I had to share my food with Jie Yen everytime I eat with her. It is just too big for one person. It's even too big for two person. When I first arrived, my parents and I went makan at a chinese restaurant. We ordered 3 dishes and 2 plates of plain noodle... and the three of us can't finish even one plate of it. Imagine. =.= And once I had this burger which is the size of half my face. That is what I call big!!
Compare the size of the bowl to the plate of noodles... o.o













Don't tell me that's because I have short fingers...










Size of body~~~ Guess what? I
bought a secondhand labcoat during the 1st week. One look at me, the woman selling the labcoat chirped 'that's a small for you!'. I was like 'huh? Are you sure??'. I tried the S size on and guess what? It was slightly too big for me. So she suggested a 'small smaller than small'...which she happily explained as a size smaller than small but bigger than extra small... Hm, interesting. It's the first time in years since I wear a small. Not to mention a small smaller than small. XP Not that I'm complaining. Wakaka~ And there I went teasing Jie Yen about her size. Smaller than extra small, anyone? =P

Environment and campus
Well, they do have thrash all over the place... like Malaysia. I feel so at home here. =.= But most of the thrash you could see everywhere are beer bottles... People here drink beer like water because beer is cheaper than water. They have terrible drought. Tsk-tsk. They would bet their beers for all the rain in Malaysia... Maybe not... Pub life is essential for everyone above 18 here. =.= And when you're drunk, you take your clothes off and have unprotective sex or punch an asian friend and yell 'you asian bastards!'. These information are from reliable sources, not my personal experience. And when you're happy, you could also make out with your lover against the wall of the Religious Centre in campus for all view. ^_^ll Fun, isn't it?? Haha...ha...However, I must say Clayton is a nice place overall... they have ducks and swans(or were they geese?) at the lakes!! At Malaysia's lakes, I only see dead fishes(Remember Taman Jaya?).
































BTW, people here love to draw!! What we call vandalism back in Malaysia is what they call ART here. XD Most of them are great!!! I love looking out the train on my way to the city!








But they do 'doodle' around too. You can find announcement by just walking with your face downward. Interesting...














For some reason... they let pasar malam people into the campus... =.=











Here, a few random pics for view... Not good quality though becuase they were taken with phone camera.

First angpao containing AUD$! XD




















Pics I took on my way back to the Halls. XD I enjoy walking everyday... except when I'm rushing for lectures, that is... Late as usual...




































Stairs I have to climb up everytime I walk back...













It's autumn!! ^_^ My first autumn...



















A bunch of posers... =p














Jonathan and Jia Chee










Sharon from Mauritius on my right and below... J from Singapore and Jia Chee!! ^_^ Stay cool, girls!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

haiz
type again
lol
vy lazy le
i m saying
try out the pub once to see and expereince lah
but leave b4 anyone got drunk
and go wif reliable frens and especially guys just incase
siapa tahu
nanti one year later
got twins come up to me
calling me auntie
i would be shock to death
then i would say so cute
then curi balik rumah
wakaka
and
p/s
got tapoles lah
not just dead fish
i think
the tourism malaysia will send police to tangkap u balik
free air tickets haha
this reminds me of lost...
what ever
missing u

8:28 PM, March 17, 2007  
Blogger Jiayi said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:31 AM, March 18, 2007  
Blogger Jiayi said...

no wonder it takes ages for you to update. you're writing a graduation thesis, aren't you ? =] heeh. i admit that the size of food is really .. ENORMOUSLY HUGE portion. hah. i have to pack it everytime. well. take care yea. it's getting cold-er now. EVENTHOUGH the big sun is hanging there. Wondering why it is there for =/ I think malaysians tend to hate sun whereas they happen to love it dearly. sweat* keep in touch. when you have no assignment, i bring you to buy BAK KUT TEH =D hugs***

10:35 AM, March 18, 2007  
Blogger Justme said...

really nice the pics espeacially the pic wif yeng poses...^^..
as usual,
miss you^^

4:28 PM, March 22, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

leng lui... i tapped my feet when i read da food section. CAKES!!! mayb u shud go xperience pubs n clubs one day.. we shud grow up & upgrade ourselves so tat nx time we'd hv chance to tell out future kids hoe's these places r like.. (not totally bad ok?)
xinxin, tat gal really damn look like jo le... n she very yeng. i love ur photos. u very good @ tking photos... they make me increase da hope of studying abroad.
chaoz

3:37 PM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger miracle said...

Yay~ Janice must come to Aus!! XD If not... somewhere else also can lah. I encourage u lah. Good experience i guess... But my social life not so good lol. Need to start from zero. But improving lah. :P Nice pics hor? I think so too... pfft. Bluek~ Perasannya... Yeah man, she speaks like jolynn too lol.

12:21 AM, April 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home