Thursday, March 01, 2007

New life...??

Warning : Long entry ahead due to long absence… Be sure to read with clear mind.


First entry since I’ve settled into my small small room in Farrer Hall. I mean it. It is FREAKING small even if it doesn't look like it from the pics below. But I’m not complaining or anything since I’m fond of small space. Give me a cozy feeling, I guess. I like everything about the room except for the fact that it is not ensuite with bathroom. I mean I have no problem sharing a public toilet cum bathroom with a dozen of people but it’s just… just… not private enough. I am a sucker for privacy when it comes to the loo. I don’t enjoy being seen with foams all over my face or being heard when I’m doing my business in the toilet. But I’m already kinda used to having people greeting me while I apply my cooling mask and angmoh guys walking into the bathroom with towel around the waist. Mind you, I can’t see much without my specs. Sad. Hahaha. =p




























































The only thing that makes my room feels like home is Hipo-chan... =p
















I didn’t get to online much few days ago because I have trouble setting up the internet in my room. Or maybe I’m just too stupid to know how to. All thanks to Jia Chee that I get my hands on the manual and voila! My internet is up! But MSN is not working no matter what. #%^$%^$%& And then my savior Braden dropped by to help me. Although it still didn’t work but Thanks anyway, I really appreciate it! And I have DC++!! ^_^ Finally thanks to Matt our resident advisor who set the bloody MSN up for me. So now I can chat with my dear dear family, chagia and chingu again.

Nowadays I get questions like “how’s Melbourne?” and “How’s Uni?” very often. So… hm… how do I describe my life here? It’s cool I guess. I miss everyone back home a lot but I don’t exactly hate it here either. It’s true that I have to start from scratch here. I mean my social life. Most international students do, anyway. We came here without any friends or a few perhaps… But it’s not easy to get together with such different timetables. So I always find myself walking to uni alone, walk back alone, go to the library alone. Close friends would know that I hate being alone. I would never do anything alone if I have to. Hell would freeze over if I’m seen eating or drinking coffee alone at the café or shop alone or watch movie alone or whatever.

That’s why I surprised myself when I realized I don’t feel any loneliness while walking around by myself. Getting lost in the campus alone. Guess I was too occupied(being lost and late and everything) to think of loneliness. But one thing for sure… I would never eat alone. Look so cham… Worst come to worst I just dabao back to my room loh(miss the manglish). But these few days I have companies during lunch and dinner. So no worries! ^_^ So far everyone I met living on the same floor is nice. Mostly Malaysians but the other international students are cool too. Ooooh… I met a Singaporean few days ago and she looks like Jolynn. And she calls herself J which is cool. Haha. And she freaking speaks like Jolynn!! Jolynn are you reading this? XD We watched House together haha. And there is Jonathan who invited me to a Christian dinner/event… reminds me of Jolynn and Aifang for some reasons too. =p And Jia Chee who invited me to go shopping together. It’s nothing like A104 but I’m glad people are nice.


However, there is this guy who lives across my room. He has a drawing of a guy in boxers waving his pants around in the air on his door. With “Pants are Optional!” written on top of the drawing. I thought it was funny but my parents and cousins thought otherwise. They were like “don’t go near him.” Actually they were more concern about the fact that he wrote his interest as partying and drinking(we have to paste our biodata on the door =.=). Ok… so far I haven’t talk to him before or maybe I did… I just can’t remember. Most of the angmohs look the same to me anyway. Oh, and the whole floor is full of geniuses it seems. Based on the biodata on the doors and me poking my nose into other people’s business… they are all soon-to-be politicians, doctors and engineers (Pants are Optional + Engineering = Engineer without Pants? ). OMG~ I'm like the most common person around. Bless me! I don't have as much workload as them. =p

It’s eight and it’s still bright over here… I guess it would pitch black in Malaysia by now. Oh wait, it’s only five in Malaysia right now. Hm… I wonder if I should change the time settings to Aus time...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

llo....shuwen here!!!
O_O!!!!everything seems sooo exciting!!!
Malaysians are famous of adaption!!
your speed of adaption are fast!!
ENJOY!

11:07 PM, March 02, 2007  
Blogger Jiayi said...

we're same! I will never take meal by myself.No matter what! yeah, give me 5. heeh. alright. your uni life is great. So do mine. however, hope to mix with aussie soon =) wanna know how different is our culture.All in all, hope to hook up with you soon. Cheers and take care, my dear yi xin =D

7:58 PM, March 04, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home