Friday, February 02, 2007

Memories

I've recieved the email containing Visa Grant Notification. Okaaaaaay, so i have a student Visa now. The realization of me leaving Malaysia to Australia hit me hard on my head. Talk about slow. =.= I knew I'm gonna study abroad since I was pretty young. My dad seems to think that he has the responsibility to send all 3 of us to somewhere... and i think that's the reason why he turned into such a workaholic. Sorry, dad... And sorry, mum. ^_^ll Haha...ha...

I always resented the fact that I'll be kicked off to some foreign country until last year when i finally realized that I am a lucky bastard. Lucky to have a dad who works like a dog since my birth just to save money for my studies(not that other dads don't work like dogs). I can't complain much, can I? Yeah, i know i was immature back then. Punch me, someone. Some of my friends can't go overseas for further studies due to financial constraint. I, on the other hand, have everything ready for me. What else more can i ask for?

However... i'll miss everything here for sure. Family... Friends... Humidity... Mosquitoes... Roti canai... Assam laksa... Sigh...

2006 was a year full of great memories for me. I have this sudden urge to indulge in memories haha. But my brain is like a total mess because it's late and I can't think straight. So why not just list down the memories of the year and make my own life easier? =p

1st Day : The first person i talked to on the first day of orientation was an indian girl... I don't even remember her name now. Guess the friendship didn't last long since she seems half-hearted about it. Haha. Nevermind. I met a better friend. Joanne. She was standing all alone opposite of me when we were waiting outside the LT. I was struggling whether to talk to her or not. But I guess my shy nature took over haha. ^_^ll My first impression of her was... quiet(Guess I was dead wrong =p) and I'm afraid she might think i'm weird if i go up to her all of a sudden. I was pretty surprised when she sat down beside me in the LT. I was so excited I kinda spat out a loud "HI! I'M YI XIN!". Embarassing.

2nd Day
: Second day of orientation was frantic as the Ausmatians were practically fighting over each other for the best timetable arrangement. I don't remember whether I met up with Joanne or not though as she took different subjects. The indian friend wasn't keen to arrange her timetable the same as mine. Fine, I don't care(yeah, right). I was chatting around with random people and that was when I met Ching Yee. I didn't know back then that i had actually met her before when i registered for Ausmat. Our dads are colleagues. Small world huh? So we ended up with the same timetable and became close friends.

3rd Day : Third day of orientation, the day we fought over second hand books. Haha. I still ended up with new books anyway. Well, I met up with Joanne and we were standing in front of the classes waiting for the seniors to show up when Janice's mum came up to talk to Joanne. I joined in uninvitedly. =p Janice didn't talk much. She was just standing there. We had a nice chat with them and... somehow we ended up in the same hostel. My house isn't far away from the college but I didn't want my mum to spend more time in the car. She was practically a full time taxi driver with my brother and sister in different schools. I decided to join in with the fun and I must say it is one of the best decisions I've ever made in my life.

A104
: When i stepped into A104, the first person i saw was Ivy with her friend eating dinner(or was it lunch?). According to Ivy, i sounded nervous but i really wasn't. I felt quite at home actually and glad that she's a nice girl. And then there was Joanne. Not long after I moved in, I found out we have the same interest. XD Manga! Anime! When I saw her taking out her mangas and rearranged them, I was like 'AHA! I can start a conversation with that!!'. And the next thing i know, we were covering the walls of our room with posters haha. Happy happy memories! ^_^

And then I met dear Jolynn and Wan Ting. My first impression of Jolynn was... studious. Definitely studious haha. Even she can't deny that. We were already a crazy bunch when Jolynn moved in and I was kinda afraid that she would think badly of us for being noisy. But nyaaaah~~ later we found out that she's capable of being noisy as well haha. She became a lot more open to us after Stephanie moved in. And Wan Ting, undoubtedly, an anime maniac. Haha. One step into our room, saw the posters... *poof* From the cool cool gal to the talkative gal with pitless anime information. =p Stephanie was great as well, too bad she didn't stay long enough. Who would have thought she would be as crazy as she is? Looks really could meddle with our minds. ^_^ And surprisingly(don't ask me why i'm surprised XP), Jolynn and Stephanie read mangas and watch animes too!! Mostly Slam Dunk but that's a start haha. With housemates and roommates with same interests, this is not just coincidence. This is Fate. That's what i believe haha. Laugh if you want. And of course, Xiao Lu!! Man! XD

Classes : Met Evonne during Econs. Great personality. Fun to talk to. Evonne, Ching Yee and I clicked almost immediately. If I'm not mistaken, Ching Yee knew Evonne before i did. Anyway, we lived in the same apartment block. With Joanne and Evonne in the same IS class, she eventually became a regular of A104 haha. ^_^ And of course, Sin Mei whom I met along with Suke and Suyin. The first thought came into my mind was 'whoa, leng luis!'. I never thought Sin Mei would be such a close friend since she had the other two friends... Oh well, let's just say i'm lucky. ^o^ With her frequent visits to A104, she became very close with our dear dear Joanne as well. And then they gang up to bully me haha. Just kidding. =p Then there were Jennifer and Jie Yen who gave me the first impression of being smart and quiet. What I didn't know was... they are geniuses and Fur Fur is deeeefinitely not quiet. @_@

Man...there are so many people I wanna mention and so many good memories I wanna jot down... but I'm freaking sleepy haha. Before I end the first section(*shock* There are more!?) of my Memories... I would like to shout out to all the people i mentioned in this entry...

LOVE YOU GUYS!! XDXD

To those I haven't mention... Haha... don't worry, more to go. This blog is my crapnest, I'll take my honey sweet time crapping about my valuable memories. ^_^ You'll appear sooner or later. Don't worry haha. =p

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey o gurl. How come i only got like, 1 paragraph? not enough not enough .. hahah
actually ar, the frienster one it wasnt just "U" but if u see properly u 'll see tht many actually overlaps. so actually i was writing more about the 5 of u rather than 1 by 1.

anyway i think i prefered the rain concert. u went? haha. must be syok but like ur sis (and my classmate said), appArently he's 6 pack is not 1 pack. lol.

kla. singning off. for now.

i will be back. ...
*evil music plays in backgroud *

2:51 PM, February 03, 2007  
Blogger miracle said...

Haha... wait lah, more to come oh! =p No worries... U takut I won't write more about u izzit? U worry too much liao gurl Hehehe... *evil chuckles*

7:36 PM, February 03, 2007  
Blogger zhongzhong said...

yaomg....
first section???????????
omg....
and zoe is complaning she got only one paragraph?
just how many she wants?
dear dear dear miracle...
i will try n remember to come to ur crapnest more often...try to...
and leave commentssss...

12:57 AM, February 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

miracle~~~ y my name wasn't mentioned in A104 de??? i'm so jealous of jo cos she has @ least one para mentioned bout her but i have none... haiz.. suan la

12:07 PM, March 27, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home