Monday, March 05, 2007

Melbourne City~

I would call myself a directional-challenged or directionally retarded person... whichever sounds better. My sense of directions really IS down the drain. Maybe not even the drain since I could have easily picked it up. Yeah, that serious. However, I think I’m improving since I’ve came to Melbourne. The power of adaptation and evolution, I must say. =P After a week of wandering in the campus aimlessly and getting late for lectures, I’ve grown!! ……Don’t snort, you nasty. =.= Curse those stupid confusing labeling of buildings in the campus. Curse.

And surprisingly, I actually recognized the road to the famous Vietnam restaurant near Chinatown… after walking towards the wrong direction, that is. We had to walk all the way back. Sorry, girls. =p Well, went to the city yesterday. It’s like a mini gathering for me haha with Furfur, Jia Yi and Jie Yen. Jia Chee joined us last minute because… well, the more the merrier. ^_^ Had great fun walking around and chatting with my old friends. They’re old because everything is just so new here… We still didn’t make it to the Vietnam restaurant anyway because a certain ball of Fur suddenly have this craving for Shanghai food. But before she could show us the location of a certain Shanghai restaurant (She is as blur as I am, she is). An old friend from high school showed up. Thanks Lixin for showing up just because I told you I’m at Chinatown!! Muakz. And thanks for recommending the Hong Kong restaurant. The food was… ok. XP Too bad you can’t stick around. Let’s go yam cha next time.

















These sceneries photos are by Jia Yi. Great job!! They looked like they were from magazines.

















The one with me was by Jie
Yen. Perfect. Eating Italian ice cream in front of Melb Central.























































To get to the city, I have to get on a bus to a train station and take a train to city and etc etc… Phew… That’s like so damn troublesome for a lazy person like me. But it’s all worthwhile because the city is great! XD Chinatown is great! Not that there’s any problem with Clayton. Chadstone is okay. It is big but compared to One U, MidValley, etc… not so big afterall. ^_^ll I went shopping at Chadstone with Jia Chee, Sharon and Richard last Saturday. Besides getting on the wrong bus, it was cool. Sharon’s a ‘floor-mate’(since we’re on the same floor in Farrer Lords). She’s from somewhere near Madagascar and she speaks French(cool~)! ^_^ Richard is a Malaysian… Seriously, there are just too many Malaysians around here. Proved by the reaction we get from Richard. He ‘pfft’ed when we told him we’re from Malaysia. Haha. That’s beside the point, of course. He’s still a nice guy who insisted to help us with the heavy groceries.


Jia Chee just came to my room to give me Redoxone just because I told her I was having a running nose. My mum already packed me a whole box of Redoxone but it still feels great to have someone who cares about you in a foreign country. ^_^ Suddenly it doesn’t feel so empty anymore. I realized how everyone from the same country warms up to each other easily when you’re in a foreign country. We might not even greet each other when we were back there but once we meet each other here. *Poof* We’re like long time buddies. Haha. Not that I’m complaining or anything. It’s great! ^_^ For example… I bumped into Jonathan(he was with Mun Yee) few days ago in the campus centre. I didn’t know he’s a Monash student. As far as I can remember, he came to Aus when we were… Form 3? He doesn’t even remember my name but at least he can still recognize me so it’s all cool. Good thing about having a big face, people notice me from far. Haha. So we exchanged phone numbers. I doubt we would keep in touch but it still feels hella good to bump into a friend from Malaysia especially when that person seems happy to see me too.


Cheerio~


EDIT : OMG... o.o I went to the toilet just now. Before I stepped into the toilet, I heard someone went in first. So I thought whatever. In the toilet, I saw one of the doors closed. Naturally, that person would be in that cubicle, right(duh)? So I randomly picked another cubicle with the door semi-opened and stepped right in. And guess what, I bumped into that guy. He just started 'going' when I pushed through. I was like "Oh(didn't manage to get the "God!" out)!! I'm sorry!!x2" and he went "It's alright!(strong Aussie accent)" What the-?? It's not alright! I bumped into you when you were pissing! O,O Please remember to lock that bloody door when you 'go' next time. I won't want to bump into you when you're doing your big business because you would be facing the door then. And that would be an ugly sight.

Sis, if you're reading this. Don't blab to daddy and mummy. They would probably freak out more than I did.

10 Comments:

Blogger Jiayi said...

heeh. that day rocks ; ) thanks for the comments you left. Well,tour to GOLD COAST may get visualised! Just wait and see. Celebrate our FIRST easter in melbourne =] cheers*
p.s:I found that i was quite pro in taking pics. wakaka =D

7:31 PM, March 05, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hihi chagia~
nice to know hows ur life in melbourne
i really miss u a lot
is like everyone miss how a104 is
when all of us like one here one there and u gone...
i used to stuck myself on jo chair n refusing to leave cuase it just feel so lonely back in my room without u
counting down to the day u are coming back

4:17 PM, March 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that one is mee lah

4:19 PM, March 07, 2007  
Blogger miracle said...

zhong zhong~~~ T_T I miss a104 too!! And my room now... only got me. Haha. So lonely. Although got new friends lah. But all different course, different timetable, different social circle... Haih... But i'm trying my best here so u must ganbatte too!!

4:28 PM, March 07, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wahh,seems u're having great times in melbourne!!...im saving money for air ticket now,so u must reserved a space in your room for me ya^^..I dunwan sleep outside the street,dunhav enough money for acommodation...lol...kla,take careZz always^^...

5:47 PM, March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

bRAVO!!!!! lol.


theres a first time to everything and the part where he said "it's alright was.. just.. weird. o.0"

i think he did it on purpose laaa!!! =P

jo

6:33 PM, March 12, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

miss ya...my modem just got striked by storm but got a new 1..exams r over..n holidaying now....hehe happy!take carez ya...k?muax...
mako~jia yin

6:54 PM, March 12, 2007  
Blogger miracle said...

Hey guys! Thanks for leaving your comments. So touched. T___T

Geo, wakakka~ U sure coming ar? Dun lie o? I'll leave a space along the corridor outside my room for u. =p Juz kidding, u can 'ma pou' with me if u want lah! Take k!

Jo, walau!! Mana bravo o?? LoL But guess what, I assume most of the guys don't close the door when they pee. Why? Bcoz i bumped into another one. XD Not really barged in like before becoz I heard him.

Mako-chan, happy holiday!! XD I'm waiting for the one week easter holiday too! Dunno what i'm gonna do during the break though. Hehe, gonna online MSN whole week I supposed. =p See ya then!!

3:04 PM, March 13, 2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm so happy tat my miracle has grown up.. but did u MANAGE to c his bird? keke... it's ok la... bird only ma.. hahaha

i can c there's a nando's restaurant behind u when u were eating ice-cream. unbelievable!! (38) is da nando's ori fm aus?

3:55 PM, March 27, 2007  
Blogger miracle said...

Everyone seems to notice the nandos!! How come i never did? lol I dunno whether it is Aus origin or not wor... XP Maybe i'll ask someone next time...

Aiyo, see bird? I didn't see it lah... it flew away. :P

12:26 AM, April 01, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home