Saturday, July 19, 2008

Life Since I Last Updated

Hi, people. I promised to make an update after 'exams and all the shit'... Technically, exams are long over but shit still goes on. ^_^;; Okay, shit is a strong word. I shall refrain from using it.

To be honest, my memory is failing me nowadays. I don't remember what happened in my life half the time since the last time updated my blog at January. For all I know, I didn't even finish updating the trip to Europe. >_> I seriously can't be bothered anymore. LoL So... I'm gonna just write whatever comes into my mind first. First thing first...

RESULTS
My results for last semester.

MOL2011 - N

What's N? FAILED. Ha! I failed! First time in my life. I got a miserable 47 for Molecular Biology and I can't even apply for a Near Pass because I'm a second year student. It's true I was expecting it but it hurts nonetheless. It's not like I didn't study. I pulled all nighters just to finished studying in a short period time. Or I think I did, anyway. I guess, if you don't like what you're studying... hard work can't bring you anywhere either. Without interest, there is nothing there to drive you into working harder. Nothing. At least, in my case that is the case. I like Japanese and I have a passion for physiology.

JPL2050 - HD
PHY2011 - D
PHY2021 - D

It's annoying how both Physiology units I'm just a few marks below HD but after failing Mol... I'm content with just what I have right now. I can't complain now, can I? So now... basically, I have to take another extra unit to compensate the points I lost. It also mean I have to overload... to take up 5 instead 4 units for one sem. Not to mention, I had this dilemma...

1) to take MOL2011 again or
2) to drop MOL all together and take Pharmacology plus another random elective

I picked the latter and took up finance. Yes, you heard me right. Finance. Finance, out of so many choices. To be honest, I would rather take Korean but unfortunately Korean Level 1 is not available on second semester and I have no intention on overloading next year since I would be doing straight science next year which would be hell consider how lazy I am. Why finance then? I chose it because there will not be any assessment besides a mid-sem test and the final exam. Contact hours? 3 hours. w00t~ Now... fingers cross. X3 And to dig through my memory for what I've learned from economy during AUSMAT...

MCAC
MCAC stands for Monash Clayton Anime Club. Since last sem... I became the secretary of this rather peculiar club. Celine is the new president of MCAC and a good one regardless of what she says herself. The other three committee members are three white guys. James(treasurer), Sam (Vice President) and Drue(Librarian). ^_^ll Honestly, when I got the position after the AGM, I was asking myself 'why are you doing this to yourself?'. At first, things were a bit tough as the old committee were condescending. We were told that we will never come up to their level. But of course not all of them are like that. There were those who gave help and support whenever they could. And I believe we have and still be able to prove them wrong. It's a lot of work being a secretary but I'm actually enjoying it. I've learned a lot of things I will never be able to obtain just by going to lectures or sitting by myself in tutorials.

I've learned that it's impossible to please everyone. It's either you please the majority and pissed off the minority. Or die trying.

I've learned that when you do something for someone, never expect any thanks or appreciation from other people. Because most people usually think of themselves more than anyone else. While you're waiting for other people to appreciate what you've done for the others, have you look around and see what other people have done for you? ^_^ Don't worry about wasting too much effort on people who don't appreciate what you have done. Some nice people are doing the same for you. It's like maths. One cancel off the other~ XP Sometimes you get negative but sometimes you get positive value as well. *thumbs up*

I've learned it's a dog eat dog world. If you're not smart/dodgy/sly enough, you will get bullied. Innocence doesn't work anymore. If you don't con people, people con you. No more kindergarten school ground. Something to look forward to in future, huh? Life in society.

I've learned that it's hard not to discriminate. I, for one, discriminate people who discriminates other people. No matter how hard you try, people would still judge you by your looks, from the way you speak(accent, wit, etc), skin colour(racists never fail to amaze me... o.o), nationality(If you're an international student, you are filthy rich), your personal interest(dancing, reading other manga genre lol), the time you shower(apparently, taking a shower at night is very 'asian'), the food you eat(eating salty food is 'asian' too). Snort. Seriously, snort. Some misconceptions and stereotypes like the shower one are funny but some are just plain mean. This conversation has nothing to do with MCAC... solely an example. Real life example.

friend 1 : I don't have a group for my presentation.
me : oh sorry, we already have enough people.
friend 1 : I asked another friend... but I don't want to be in his group because there's someone black. ('hei hei de' in chinese)
me and friend 2 : *stares*
friend 2 : But... if black but smart?
friend 1 : *laugh* I would rather have a fair(skin colour) but stupid one.

It's funny how I get sidetracked so easily... Okay, moving on. So what have we been doing? Everything is sort of fuzzy right now. We had a joint event with the Caulfield Anime Club... Karaoke Night. Basically, it's like a karaoke competition which doesn't make sense because karaoke is supposed to be fun. Competition is not. Hence, the whole event sort of lost its meaning, in my opinion. And 3 of the committee members from each campuses had to join the competition. I joined. Screwed up. End of the story. LoL But it was fun, nonetheless. Regardless of all the negative comments from members on the terrible venue, terrible mic(man... i agree), terrible audience(restless people who played cards), that is... >_>

Of course, during the winter break, there was the onsen trip from 4th to 6th of July. Organizing that was a pain in the you know where but it turned out awesome!!! XD Awesome awesome! Got positive feedbacks from the members and that is all that matters. Something happened on the first night of the camp though. I was involved in a car crash. O.O Fuuu~ I was in this car with a friend, tailing another car. We were going downhill and it was dark and slippery. Go figure. Didn't turn at the corner fast enough. Do a major 'piao yi' and BANG!! First crash to the side. Skidded to the other side and BANG!! Second crash onto a tree. Okay, I was exaggerating for dramatic effects. XP I'm still well and alive right now. Only got bruises. I think my friend is suffering more than I am due to guilt. Sniff. Not to mention, the car was trashed. We had trouble getting it out of the mud. Thank goodness for the nice people stopped to help. Thank you so much, good souls.

Drive safely, people.

GOLD COAST
So good. So very very good. The trip to Gold Coast with Celine and Stan was great. It was relatively relaxing than those tours I went with my family to elsewhere because it's more flexible. It's nice to just go on a bus and just get off at a random place. Exploring is fun. Trying to figure out the transportation system there is fun too. LoL Funny how things can be so different at Queensland and Victoria... Well, technically it IS two hours flight away. Pretty far apart. If Melbourne is Kyoto, I would describe Gold Coast as Osaka. The people and the fashion are so different. One thing though. It is very warm there during winter. People walk around in shorts and sleeveless in the day.

We went to Movie World and Wet n' Wild. We personally enjoyed Wet n' Wild more. At Movie World we went on a ride per hour. o.o Long boring wait before we can go on a 2 minutes ride. Gah. Besides the theme park, we went food hunting. Man... that was good. Food is always good... especially expensive ones. T_T We killed our wallets and bank accounts. Sorry, daddy. Sniff. However, at the end of the trip, we all agreed we had enough of western food.

I will grab photos from Celine when I can be bothered. LoL It was a long time since we camwhored so much.

NEW HOUSE
Remember I mentioned that we moved into a new house here? I don't remember whether I mentioned which house we moved in. It was house #4. And now? We moved out into another house already. LoL Why did we move out after only a semester? Because things got ugly with the house agent. We don't like her, she hates our guts. ^_^ll That's a con when one moves out from on campus hostel. You need to deal with difficult people haha. Fortunately, we have each other. Things don't seem that bad when you have good friends to go through the downs together. And now we managed to find a good place. Although I have to wait till August to get my room in the house. I have to live in Celine's room at the moment with Raine's futon. Not to bad but I can't wait till I have my own room because I don't really like the feeling of intruding other people's privacy. To have to call people to open the front door for me. lol By the way, I have now claimed the TV area as my territory. Wakaka~~~ The only thing I don't do here is sleep. X3 There are like... 10 people in the house. Not including me. A huge house! Nice kitchen and everything. But things tend to get out of hand when there are too many people in the house. Like a semi-Halls of Residence. ^_^;; Then again, can't complain since the landlord is a very nice guy. Hehe~ funny guy. *pinch*

BIRTHDAY
My birthday celebration was awesome!! Two nights before my birthday I was 'kidnapped' to a restaurant called Lazy Moe at Oakleigh. It was great dinner. I had steak!!! XD And cocktail haha. The food portions were so huge it's not even funny. The amount of chips is shocking and I swear there was half a lettuce on each plate. LoL That was a great dinner. A lot of camwhoring as well and presents! But then something happened after dinner. We split up to go home. Those who drive went home first while the others went for the bus stop. I was one of the latter. So there was 8 of us waiting outside Oakleigh train station in the cold. Suddenly, a bunch of high school kids came out of nowhere. One of them especially drunk and was shouting along the street. We tried to stay low profile despite the fact that we're a pretty big group. But then they HAD to come over. The drunk guy was like begging for money saying that he needs 20 cents to go home. His friends were just standing around. No one wanted to give him money of course... so I decided to just shut him up after like... 10 minutes. I took my wallet out, pulled out a 100 bucks, stuff it back in, pulled out a 50, stuff it back in, pulled out a 20, stuff it back in... and then took out a 5. Thank god he didn't grab my wallet and ran for it. =.= I gave the note to him and asked him to go home. Then one of his friends glared at me and said 'you go home!' and started rambling about how he lost his wallet. I was so pissed that I gave him a strong glare and he sort of shut up. Like... so what if you lost your wallet? It has nothing to do with me. I've already gave him $5, man. What's your problem? Funny thing was... the drunk guy was like all 'THANK YOU!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!' and started shaking my hand and everyone else. He was like 'say hip hip hooray!!' and 'I asked for a 20 cents and this kind lady here gave me $5!!! $5!!!!'. I was actually pretty amused by him but my friends were not. Things got a bit ugly when one of his friends pointed out that a friend of mine was very cocky from the way he stood. Then he sort of threaten that friend of mine, saying how he had many friends nearby and he could call them over to beat him up, take our iPod, take our phones and stuff. =.=;; I was scared. Not scared that I would get beaten up since he seems to treat me like a saint but more like afraid that they're gonna beat up my friend. We have 4 girls on our side, if a fight breaks out, we won't stand a chance. When the bus finally arrived, everyone ran for it. The guy won't let me go LoL. Insisting on thanking me all the way and he shouted at the people in front of the line to let me through first. o.o The bus driver had to get out of the bus to make him stop being a fool. Finally he came up the bus and shouted 'be nice to the driver!! Tip him! He's a nice guy!!!' and his friend was like 'HE'S A SEX MACHINE!!!'... Come to think of it, it's hilarious but at that moment, everyone was quiet. Sha, Jia Chee and Celine were like huddling together. >_< On the 25th of May night... I was working on my lab report last minute. lol I got a phone call from Moo-chan. So we had like random talks and stuff. Then on the 26th of May 00:00... I heard birthday song right outside my room. I was like 'omg... people are singing birthday song outside!!! Talk to you later!'. Ran out of the house and saw this huge group of people from MCAC outside. T___T And the one on the phone was there as well. LoL It was cool and I got more interesting birthday presents. Hahaha~

I think this is a long enough post... O.O And surprisingly, no pictures this time. Blame it on my laziness. XP I might not have time to update the blog with nice long sentences after this. Week 2 onwards is gonna hurt. So maybe I could just post up some pictures then. X3 It's like... a hiatus... but not.

And of course before I end. ^_______^

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <3>

6 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

yo xin xin... i couldnt sleep so i thought of visiting ur blog. didnt really expected an update cos i know u're busy and all but wow long post.... so was that drunk kid good looking??? lolz kidding kidding... i feel so bored now.... not to mention kinda lonely(roommate hardly in) so i feel like i'm living in a single room... hehe.....

3:52 AM, July 31, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gyahahaha.... gomen that was me....

3:53 AM, July 31, 2008  
Blogger Jo~! said...

Yo Yo. hahaha. ur bday i missed la.. sorrry!! but i was still in dublin then, so dunno what i was doing. wow. it was THAT long ago then you last updatd dlol

Anyway. hey. did i REALLY forget ur bday? hahah XD



OMG. are u okay? i mean, even with the bruises. are u alright? can u sleep properly at night?

And gratz onthe post. dont worry i know you have the compassion to the club.


and dont worry bout ur paper either. shit happens. congrtz onthe HD and D's tho. Look ont he bright side. You'll be a pro by the time u resit :P. IF u resit that is.


Wah i also realize that ur post this time is very long and compact. Guess its like slotting 6 months into 10 paragraphs or so :P

Takre care!
Jojo

3:26 AM, August 05, 2008  
Blogger Joanne Yap said...

hey chagia XD
see we so nice check your blog frequently (though is not updated frequently)
:) smile and make your life better!
ya agree with jo, there are sooooo many things in your blog this post...but its nice to still know how you are going on there
muakz love ya
zhongzhong

10:54 PM, August 07, 2008  
Blogger RUN WITH THE WAVE said...

Hey there! Come and join us for a BBQ buffet at the beach in Penang this Christmas with watersports activities included! Sign up now! Check out my website at www.runwiththewave.com Thanks!

12:29 PM, September 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lolx.....your blog is so 'dusty' now~
updatela dear~Lolx

3:44 PM, January 12, 2009  

Post a Comment

<< Home