Sunday, January 27, 2008

R.I.P

This week has been a very grave week for me and my family. My grandma just passed away on the 23rd of Jan '08 morning. It was a public holiday. Thaipusam. First time ever, Thaipusam was officially announced to be a public holiday. Among ourselves, we said that the public holiday was specially 'established' for my grandma. Probably coincidence, but we would like to believe so.

None of us was expecting the bad news as everything started out nice and warm that day. It was a public holiday. Everyone was home. Mum and I departed to send ZhongZhong to the LRT station while my dad left to visit grandma at the ICU in Pantai Hospital. I remembered saying 'Daddy, say hi to popo for me!' despite the fact that my grandma can barely move or hear and no longer talk at that time. Stroke is evil....

After dropping ZhongZhong at the station, we dropped our baby Leo at the pet shop for a saloon session. And then... we got a call from my aunt telling us that popo passed away that morning. My mum was sobbing so I had to call my dad to inform him but he didn't pick up the call. I assumed he had already reached the hospital and found out for himself. Indeed, later he called us to inform us that popo had left peacefully. No sign of struggle at all.

That night and the following night, we paid respect to popo in the Buddhist style. It was heart-wrecking. But we were told at the age of 89(92 according to Chinese calendar), grandma was considerably long-lived. So it would be a 笑喪 and we were not supposed to cry but on the contrary, laugh... be happy. I know it sounds weird but it does make sense. My cousin told me, if the deceased was above 100 years of age... people would be wearing red instead of white. o.o Wow... like celebration, huh?

Friday morning, popo's coffin was moved to the cemetery at Nilai. The ceremony was solemn but we were asked to change into bright clothes after the ceremony. I don't really understand why but i wasn't really in the inquiring mood back then. Today(Sunday), we visited popo's grave again. And we brought lots of food!!! XD I'm sure popo would be happy because every family chipped in to bring popo's favourite food hehe. Pan mee, Siew pork, Loh Mai Gai, Char Siew Bao, Char Kuey Teow, Durian(!!), fried egg, coca-cola, cupcakes and many many more! XD We bought flowers too. Popo loved flowers ne~ One thing we didn't bring was KFC haha. We promised to bring it next time.

Popo... rest in peace.... Hope you like the house we burned for you. ^_^ And the Mercedes Benz.


********

I got the news of Heath Ledger's death from my cousins during my grandma's funeral. =.= Talk about ironic... I watched Brokeback Mountain and that's all. I do feel sad but it's kinda surreal... maybe it's because he's a someone of different 'status'. Different as in one being an actor and another one being normal unknown puny insignificant.

Besides that..... I received a sms from Ching Yee and was told that our fellow Ausmat classmate was killed in an accident on the way from Penang to KL. Lee Nian Ning... I don't know her personally but she was quite well known during Ausmat. Practically everyone knows her because she's smart and pretty. JPA scholar student. Future doctor. Enough said.

Article on the accident : http://www.nst.com.my/Saturday/National/20080126080752/Article/index_html

Pardon me and my language but the bus driver can go to HELL. Why in the world was he still driving a DOUBLE DECKER BUS when he already had THIRTEEN samans since year 2000?? As a bus driver!?? Does other people's safety meant ANYTHING to him at all!??? Bloody idiot with NO sense of responsibility... If u want to speed, u can speed yourself and risk YOUR OWN LIFE. Don't make innocent people pay for YOUR wrongdoings.

Geez.......









Now that i've slightly cooled down, let's have a moment of silence for the deceased...... My grandma, Nian Ning... and yes, Heath Ledger............ Rest In Peace.

Thank you.



And yes... i shall update more about the Europe trip soon....

And again yes...... Life is short...... so i would like to say one last thing before i end this sad sad entry...




I LOVE YOU PEOPLE!!!! ... Seriously.

8 Comments:

Blogger christina said...

Hey, my deepest condolences on your grandmother's passing.

9:26 PM, January 27, 2008  
Blogger miracle said...

Thanks Christina. ^_^

10:45 PM, January 27, 2008  
Blogger Joanne Yap said...

Dear, hmm, i am not the type who always knows the right thing to say at the right time(is it just me or appear to most people? seems that not many people commented on this post of urs), all i know and i can do is laugh with u. Life sure is short, but believe me ur popo had lived a long life, therefore we should enjoy life! (sorry r u expecting something else?)if u need a laugh dont hesitate to look for me, if u need a shoulder i will always to there too (or through the net). sometimes i do have doubts about life like, u know, "whats the meaning of life lol, with all the suffering and stuff" but i do believe that it is worth going through this life with all of u. Smile, cos u know we are there for u, cos u know we wish for ur happiness, smile for i hope that it would brighten up ur day a bit...(y like so rou ma one...)

9:53 PM, January 30, 2008  
Blogger Joanne Yap said...

LoL y so rou ma one!!!

9:53 PM, January 30, 2008  
Blogger miracle said...

LoL U also know u very rou ma hor~ XD Haha but thank you sooo much lah chagia~~~ Labu Labu You o~~~~~~~ XD Muakz!!!! Life is short~ cepat cepat look for bf lah... but must tell me first lah. XP Go through me first. I'll see if they pass.

12:16 AM, February 12, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yi xin chan,gambattei ne!!!=)life is unexpected....so we should stay strong!=)take care..muax....hehe

mako~

2:05 AM, February 18, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,sry nw oli know bout it....hmm,i duno wat shud i say bt i jz wanna say that Im always thr for u^^
yea,life is really short~and many unexpected things keep happenning around us~so be strong n cheerful always =D
I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!!!!

12:38 PM, February 20, 2008  
Blogger Jo~! said...

Hey sry for the late entry...

Dunno why but i started crying as I read about ur popo. Im dam close to my po one... cant imagine how i'd be like when i reach the day i'll hav to let her go. T.T

Condolences YX. but yeah, strokes are evil. my ahgung passed away from that 11 years ago :)

Ur grandma's in a HAPY HAPPY place. PLUS, u guys are bringing her soooo manyyy things... To EAT!:P

Take care.

oh. wats rou ma? romantic?

7:22 PM, February 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home